What Happened Last Night?
You’re confused, nauseous, dizzy, and embarrassed so you quickly get dressed and slip out of the house. Back at your own place, you sleep a while longer and then ask your friends why they ditched you. To your surprise, they never saw you. The twenty unopened texts confirm their claims. Pretty sure you had sex, you lie in bed for the rest of the day trying to figure out what to do. Finally, on Sunday, your friend’s sister convinces you to go the hospital and tell them that you’ve been raped. Sadly, it’s too late. The Rohypnol used to drug you is already out of your system and your attacker didn’t leave evidence because he (thankfully) used a condom. Going out tonight? Protect yourself.
- If someone wants to buy you a drink, go with them to the bar and watch it being poured.
- If you only had one drink and you feel drunk, call 911 or get help immediately.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended. If you do, dump it!
- Open your own bottles.
- Don’t take a drink from someone else.
- Avoid community drinks.
- Stay away from punch bowls.
- If it tastes or smells funny or different, then it probably is!
Have your designated driver keep an eye out for those who are drinking and what everyone is drinking as well.